Guest Post by Samantha Barney
Cupcakes used to be my obsession. Whether there was a birthday, a housewarming, a graduation, national holiday, if it was Monday…or Tuesday, you name it, I would make cup-cakes. I made them in every flavor, color and every topping. It was getting too much!! Every time I mentioned to my family I was going to make cupcakes, instead of hearing…mmmmm , all I heard was… hhmmmm. I needed to find a new go-to treat.
I have recently been making Rice Krispie treats for my family and they absolutely love them. I started experimenting by substituting different cereals for some of the Rice Krispies and they are even more scrumptious! I will leave a plate full on the side of the kitchen counter, and within minutes they are usually gobbled up. Below is my recipe for Froot Loops with Marshmallows Rice Krispie Treats, but I have used Fruity Pebbles and Lucky Charms and they are just as good.
I just had a thought, I wonder how cup cakes topped with Rice Krispie treats would taste..
3 tablespoons butter
1 package (10oz about 40 JET-PUFFED Marshmallows Or 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
5 cups KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal
1 cup KELLOGG’S Froot Loops with Marshmallows cereal
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the Rice Krispies cereal and the Froot Loops with Marshmallows cereal.
- Stir until the cereals are well coated with the marshmallows, but not too much as you don’t want the Froot Loops with Marshmallows cereal to crumble.
- Using a buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press the mixture into a 13x9x2 inch pan. (I usually line the bottom with wax paper as it makes the Rice Krispie Treats easier to remove)
- Cool, cut into squares and serve. Enjoy!